Monday, July 30, 2012

Nursery

I am so excited to be done with the nursery!!  We will add things here and there as he gets older, but all of the essentials are in place and waiting for Matthew to arrive.  I must give a huge thank you to my husband for spending many hours in his man-cave building shelves, bookcases, staining, and sanding things for the nursery.  Also, thank you to the two grandmothers for making the crib bedding, curtains, and pillow for the nursery.  Matthew's nursery would not be nearly as cute without all of the help.

Nursery Tour:

This is the nursery before (our storage room) - bright yellow with dirty walls

Looking to the right side of the nursery - curtains and pillow made by my mom who will be called Emie

Close up of the book shelf that Mike designed and built - he did an amazing job!  The blue/white doll on the bottom-right shelf was his when he was a baby :-)

Continuing around the room - love my glider!

Crib with bedding made by my MIL.  Mike and I made the sign over his bed with leftover fabric and I love it.  It's not the typical way people display the baby's name (hanging each individual letter with ribbon or something else), plus it's more masculine :-)

The changing area/dresser.  Mike and I got the dresser and the side table (in front of the window) off Craigslist for cheap.  He did an amazing job staining each piece to match the crib.  He also built the shelves which now hold toys from when he was little.  The blank wall over the changing area is reserved for pictures of Matthew once he gets here!

I find myself going into the nursery on a daily basis trying to imagine Matthew in his crib or me rocking him to sleep in the glider.  We are ready to meet him and bring him home!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Everything looks great! Way to go, talented Taylors and Fleishers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book shelf is TOOO cool! So exciting. He will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete