Thursday, July 5, 2012

34 Weeks

34 weeks down, 6 to go!  It's been a nice, relaxing week - apart from the ridiculous heat.  I'm pretty much just staying inside and only getting out if I have to.  It's to the point where it's pointless to really fix my hair or put on makeup, because everything gets messed up right when I get in the heat.  Needless to say, I'm not fixing myself up as much.

We had a great 4th of July, celebrating with my parents and the neighbors I grew up with.  It was so nice to grill out and catch up with old friends.  Unfortunately, with the burn ban, we couldn't shoot off fireworks - oh well.

I am happy to say that I have now met all 4 of the OBGYN's that could possibly be on-call when this little boy decides to join us!  Mike and I agree that we will be happy with any of the 4 because they have all been wonderful.  It's still crazy to think that we will (hopefully) meet this little guy within the next 6 weeks.  Time has started flying by!


How far along: 34 Weeks
Baby's size: a cantaloupe - baby boy weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is about 18 inches long!
Maternity clothes: always
Sleep: off and on - I'm starting to notice more fatigue throughout the day as well
Best moment this week: We finally got the dresser/changing table in the nursery!  My parents just dropped of the curtains, so we'll get those up tonight.  It's fun seeing it all come together, even though I have a long way to go.
Miss anything: sleeping on my stomach, being able to do simple tasks without getting exhausted, cold weather (not pregnancy related - but this extreme heat is not my friend)
Movement: He's still kicking and stretching!
Food cravings: anything cold and water
Anything making you queasy or sick: onions and veggies
Gender: BOY - I promise I will announce the name soon
Labor signs: nope, but still having braxton hicks
Symptoms: pregnancy brain, heartburn, siatica, fatigue, major hunger
Belly button in or out: in - it's really only enclosing, not moving out
Wedding rings on or off: off - again, stupid heat
Happy or moody most of the time: Getting anxious - need to get the nursery finished, preparing for the hospital, preparing for bringing him home, cleaning the house, etc.
Looking forward to: My family shower tomorrow night

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I am so excited for you! My belly button never went out either. I am eagerly awaiting the name...

    ReplyDelete