Thursday, August 2, 2012

38 Weeks

38 Weeks down, 2 to go!  I know I say this every time, but time is flying by.  I thought my summer would go by slowly, especially since I don't have to go to work, but it's the exact opposite.  I try to keep myself as busy as possible so I don't dwell on the upcoming weeks, but we have everything ready to go.  There's not much for me to do, except wait.  At least I have the Olympics to help me pass the time :-)  I can only clean the same thing so many times.  While I don't have a picture, I'll still give my stats (for those that actually read it).

How far along: 38 weeks and 1 day
Baby's size: a leek - Matthew weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19.5 inches long!
Maternity clothes: always
Sleep: on and off - as each new day passes, it gets harder and harder to get comfortable laying down
Best moment this week: hearing Matthew's strong heartbeat at our appointment today!
Miss anything: sleeping on my stomach, being able to do simple tasks without getting exhausted, cold weather (not pregnancy related - but this extreme heat is not my friend), just feeling comfortable
Movement: He's still kicking and stretching!
Food cravings: anything cold, water, chocolate milk
Anything making you queasy or sick: onions and veggies
Gender: BOY - Matthew David Fleisher
Labor signs: more frequent and stronger Braxton Hicks - I was checked again this week, and am still 80% effaced and 3-4 cm dilated.  I must admit, it's been hard being this dilated and effaced since 35 weeks because I've felt like he could come any minute for the passed 3 weeks.  I can't complain that I've made progress without the pain, but I almost feel like it makes the anxiety a little worse.
Symptoms: pregnancy brain, heartburn, fatigue, major hunger, hip pain
Belly button in or out: in - it's really only enclosing, not moving out
Wedding rings on or off: off - again, stupid heat
Happy or moody most of the time: nervous/excited anxiety - I am so ready to meet this little boy
Looking forward to: spending as much time with Mike and family as I can before our family becomes 3 - we are all anxiously awaiting your arrival Matthew!!!

On a separate note - with football season right around the corner, Matthew is definitely ready!  He will be able to cheer on the Razorbacks, Green Bay, and the Badgers (for his daddy)!


No comments:

Post a Comment