Wednesday, August 22, 2012

41 Weeks

With everything that has happened over the last 6 weeks, I would never have imagined I'd still be pregnant right now.  At our appointment on Monday, the doctor was even surprised when he checked me and I was 6 cm - and still no baby.  Apparently I've provided a very comfy home for Matthew and it's hard for him to leave.  I haven't gone back to work, so I've now lost a weeks worth of sick days without having a baby to take care of :-(  However, I am enjoying sleeping in and spending my days with Mike!

In order to coax this little boy out, Mike and I have been walking on a daily basis.  I still can't go too far because my ankles/feet swell quickly, but I do my best.  I've also been eating spicy foods and bouncing around on my exercise ball.  We do finally have an induction date - Monday the 27th at 7 am!  I will be 12 days passed my due date if he stays in until then.  I went ahead and scheduled to be induced because at our last appointment, the doctor said if the babies head gets any bigger, I would have to have a c-section :-(  I'm still praying that he comes on his own terms (until Monday that is).  We are beyond ready to meet Matthew and bring him home!

How far along: 41 weeks
Baby's size: a pumpkin - Matthew weighs about 8 pounds and is just over 20 inches long!
Maternity clothes: always
Sleep: on and off - I've started getting up every hour, then gradually getting up every 2-3 hours so sleep is very sporatic.
Best moment this week: Of course hearing his heartbeat Monday and finally getting a date to induce.  It's nice knowing that this waiting game is close to being over with.
Miss anything: sleeping on my stomach, being able to do simple tasks without getting exhausted, just feeling comfortable, not feeling pain somewhere every time I move
Movement: He's still kicking and stretching!
Food cravings: anything cold, water, chocolate milk
Anything making you queasy or sick: onions and veggies
Gender: BOY - Matthew David Fleisher
Labor signs: more frequent and stronger Braxton Hicks - I was checked again this week, and am now 6 cm and 90% effaced!  I've had more cramping this week, but still nothing regular.
Symptoms: pregnancy brain, fatigue, hip pain
Belly button in or out: in - it's really only enclosing, not moving out
Wedding rings on or off: off - again, stupid heat
Happy or moody most of the time: I'm still emotional, but also a little frustrated at this point.  I just don't understand what is taking him so long to join us.  I keep telling myself that the Lord has a plan - can't wait to know what that plan is.
Looking forward to: Matthew's arrival!  I can't wait to hold and love on him :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment