Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Matthew David Fleisher

He's Here!!!  Matthew made his entrance on Friday, August 24th at 2:22 pm (9 days late).  He weighed 9 lbs and 5 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long.  He is perfect!  We are so blessed to have such a precious baby!  Now I will focus my blog on updates about our new little addition :-)


5:30 am on August 24th - we're headed to the hospital!  I woke up around 3:30 am and realized I was having contractions around 4:00 am.  Since they were already 2 minutes apart, we quickly finished packing and took showers before leaving.

When we got to the hospital, I was 7 cm dilated and 100% effaced, so you would think my labor/delivery would've been quick.  Oh no!  Before I started pushing, my nurse and doctor had already mentioned they were concerned about the size and position of the baby.  They were worried his head was too big and found that he was in the transverse position (basically diagonal).  Because of these 2 things, his head was stuck against my pelvis.  They had me push for an hour, but he made no progress.  After resting on my left side for about 45 minutes, I tried pushing again.  Two and a half hours of pushing later, baby Matthew's head just was not able to move in order to come out.  Because of this, I had to have a c-section.  While I had prepared myself for this possibility, it was still a scary thought.  Thankfully I had already had my epidural so we didn't have to wait long to go back to the OR.

By the time they were wheeling me back, I was exhausted.  While they were prepping me, I kept my eyes closed to pray and help calm myself down.  I felt much better once Mike was able to sit by my side.  He held my hand throughout the entire procedure.  And then, at 2:22 pm, we heard the best sound - Matthew's little cry!  It was very surreal to know that I was hearing my child's cry, but I couldn't see him.  I had to wait until Mike got the go ahead to take a few pictures and bring him over to me.

 Mommy and Matthew's first meeting

 Daddy and Matthew

 First family pic!

Back in our LD room - I'm so pail because my iron was so low after the c-section
 
I'm a BIG boy - 9 lbs 5 oz


He loves having his hands/fingers in his mouth



Pop and Matthew

Emie and Matthew

Aunt Lauren with Matthew

Grandma Fleisher and Matthew

Aunt Christin with Matthew

Cousin Allie meeting Matthew

Matthew with his Great Grandmother 

Matthew with his Great Grandfather 

Great Aunt Carol with Matthew


 
 The nurses loved him!

With Misty - the BEST NURSE EVER!!!  She is now known as Aunt Misty :-)

Nap time with daddy

Mike has a picture like this with his dad when he was born - so sweet!

After staying 4 nights in the hospital I was ready to go home.  This was the first day I wore normal clothes and actually fixed my hair.

Headed Home!!!

These first 2.5 weeks at home have been both amazing and exhausting at the same time.  I still can't believe that I have a son.  I pray daily that Matthew grows to be a godly man who follows the path that has been laid out for him.  I also pray that Mike and I can be the best parents that we can be.  I'm so looking forward to learning more about his personality and what he will bring to our family.  We love you Matthew David!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, I loved reading your blog and your delivery information and pictures. . I know that you are super busy and it will be harder to keep up on your blog! :) I am just so happy for you and Mike with your addition to your family. I know that Matthew will be such a blessing and bring such joy to your whole family!
    Love you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete