Monday, February 24, 2014

18 Weeks

Time sure is flying by!  I can't believe we are almost to the halfway point.  Some days I still can't believed that we will be a family of 4 at the end of the summer.  I absolutely love the time that I have with Matthew, and it's hard to picture having time for baby #2.  I know a lot of moms think this when adding a new one to the family, and all works out just fine.  It'll be amazing to feel how much love I have for my two little ones.  

How far along: 18 weeks and 4 days
Baby's size: a bell pepper - baby is about 5.5 inches long (head to rump) and weighs about 7 oz
Maternity clothes: sometimes - but only pants.  I just did a large load of laundry of maternity clothes to prepare to my growing belly.
Sleep: it's been much better.  I still, occasionally, waking up from hip pain.
Best moment this week: spending quality time with Matthew at the zoo and thinking about adding #2 to that trip :-)
Miss anything: sleeping on my stomach and being able to make it without a nap
Movement: still feeling flutters and flips here and there.  Ready to feel the kicks!!
Food cravings: been craving sweets like crazy
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing specific - sometimes I just feel sick after eating (potatoes especially).
Gender:  8 more days and we'll know GIRL or BOY!!
Labor signs: nope
Symptoms: siatica (on a daily basis - boo!), heart burn, and mild nausea (again :-/)
Belly button in or out: in, but I can tell it's moving out.  I'll be shocked if it pops out because it never did with Matthew
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or moody most of the time: been in better spirits since my energy is back up!
Looking forward to: planning the gender reveal for family & friends!!!  Also, getting this blog updated with what we've been up to lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment