Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beach Fun

I cannot express how excited I am that I am FINALLY on my summer break!  After a week of lovely Professional Development, I went with my in-laws to Seagrove, Florida.  It'd been a few years since I'd been to Seagrove, but it is still just as peaceful as ever.  I highly recommend Seagrove for a beach vacation.  Anywho, here is our vacation through pictures - enjoy!

We upgraded M to his "big boy" carseat so he'd have more room.  I'd say he looks pretty comfy!  He did a great job on the 11 hour drive to Seagrove.


 Headed to see the ocean for the first time


As you can see by his legs, he did not like the water or the sand



This pool came in handy since M didn't appreciate the water or sand.  I found this idea while researching beach trips with babies on Pinterest - highly recommended!

We ate at Angelina's Pizzeria and Pasta - a must when we visit Seagrove

Day 2 at the beach

Still not a fan of the water or sand

Watching the waves with Grammie and Grandpa Fleisher




M definitely preferred the pool over the beach.  He would kick his legs like crazy while in his floaty.

We went to Mitchell's Fish Market in Sandestin for Mike's 32nd birthday.  It was fabulous!


Afterwards, we found a small splash area for the kids.  M loved it!



We continued celebrating Mike at the condo with dessert and dinosaur pool toys :-)

 Day 3 at the beach - M didn't last long before we had to take him back to the condo for a nap

An evening stroll on the beach with the fam - it was absolutely beautiful!


M loved the wind and watching the waves (as long as they didn't touch him :-))

Walking around Seaside

Finally got a pic of M's "ghetto paci" while strolling through Seaside

Cousin Alli reading bible stories while riding Mike's dinosaur - she loved it!

On our last night, the grands watched the kiddos so Mike and I could go eat with my brother and sister-in-law.  We went to Cafe 30-A and it was amazing!  Expensive, but amazing!  I had the yellowfish tuna (rare) with stir-fry and wasabi sauce.  It was different, but delicious.

Christin and I shared this molten chocolate dessert - yummy!

Outside Cafe 30-A

We tried to take family pics on the beach, but we chose the windiest day possible.  These are about the best we could get.

The Fleisher's with their kids and grandkids

M and Alli on our last night

Our trip home was not as smooth as the one down to Seagrove.  We had to make 6, yes 6 stops, which caused us to be on the road for 13 hours.  M didn't want anything to do with the new toys we bought for the car, he only wanted to play with the ziplock bags (which eventually got old).

Every toy I handed him ended up on the seat next to him - haha!  I was car sick after hour 10 of handing toys back to him and getting things that had fallen.  Our trip ended with Mike in the backseat entertaining M and me driving the last 2 hours.  

I can't wait for next year's beach trip and hope that M will like the water and sand better.  We are now just enjoying not having to go anywhere and playing at home.  I am soaking up each moment with M over the summer.

1 comment: