Saturday, February 4, 2012

From 2 to 3

Yes, that's right. Our family is expanding from 2 to 3! Mike and I were thrilled to find out I was pregnant on December 4th.

The positive tests brought about joy and anxiety all at once. Since we had suffered a miscarriage in August, we were excited and worried out of our minds at the same time. Due to my previous loss, I had to go in for immediate blood work. Praise the Lord, everything came back just as it should be. We decided to wait to tell family until after our first appointment and ultrasound. On December 29th, we saw our little baby and heard his/her heartbeat for the first time! What a relief! We immediately took the ultrasound pictures to share the news with family!

We went back to the doctor on January 26th and were able to hear the sweet heartbeat for the second time. What an amazing sound! This last appointment made this pregnancy feel more real and I am finally getting to the point where I can enjoy this new journey - instead of being filled with fear. Of course, I still have my moments.

Baby Fleisher is due August 15th, and we can't wait to meet our new addition! I plan to use my blog as a journal of sorts to help document this time in our lives. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has planned for Mike and I over the next 6 months. But, I truly cannot wait to see what He has planned for our little son or daughter!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am so excited for you and look forward to seeing what God has planned for you too!

    ReplyDelete