Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Review

What a year! It doesn't seem like 2010 is almost over. So many things happened this year, and I can't wait to see what Mike and I have in store for 2011. Here are a few highlights from 2010:

To start the year off, we had some major snow! Mike and I enjoyed 3 lazy days off work together at home. I can't wait for more snow!!!

After losing our first dog, Lola, we found Bella. She is a precious border-collie mix with SO much energy. She turned 1 year old on December 20th.

Our fabulous PTA sent all teachers aboard the Arkansas Queen Riverboat as a thank you. What a fun celebration! I love spending time with my co-workers - exhibit A - we did the Thriller dance on the boat :-)

In May, Mike took me to Eureka Springs to celebrate my birthday. It was beautiful and very unique. We were able to visit the historical Crescent Hotel, and stay at our first bed and breakfast.....so fun!

We had originally planned to cruise to Alaska, but because those plans fell through we chose to visit Dallas and San Antonio. We were able to stay with wonderful friends in McKinney and Flower Mound. San Antonio was amazing - the Alamo and Riverwalk were so neat, and I can't wait to go back.

In October, my co-workers and I walked together in Race for the Cure to support one of our own. I also walked to support my mom who is a 5 year survivor!

Finally, I spent a weekend in Branson with some of my favorite co-workers! These girls are so much fun.

I can't wait for 2011 and what's in store over the next 12 months. I know I will become an official aunt (I say official, because I like to think of Elias and Ada as my nephew and niece), and I will hopefully pass National Boards in 2011. Only the One knows what will happen, and His plan is best of all. Let's get this new year started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment