Thursday, January 7, 2010

Please Pray


As some of you know, Mike and I found a puppy that we adopted last week. We found her in Little Rock when she was 4 weeks old last Tuesday. We were told we could pick her up the next day. Well, it's been over a week and she's still not been able to come home because she is sick. Her brother developed Kennel Cough (they think), and she soon started showing signs of the same thing. She's had a runny nose, but has been in high spirits. Mike and I have been calling daily to get updates from the vet who has been very sweet. We have also gone a few days to visit and hold our cute puppy!

I am asking you to pray because we want her to fight her illness and be able to come home...and soon! The Lord knows that I have a problem with having patients, and it's really been tested this past week. I've also been trying to have more trust and faith in the Lord and His plan. I understand that it's best for her to stay with the vet because they can give her the medication that she needs for her young body. It's just so hard looking at her cage and toys everyday, not know when she will get to come home.

It was especially hard today because we found out that her brother didn't make it. The vet said after he was sent to a foster family last Wednesday, he didn't make it through the night. After hearing this, I got in my car and cried. I know it sounds trivial because it's a dog, but I'm already so attached to her and want her to come home.

Please pray that she will be able to fight this illness and come home with Mike and I. I am trying my best to put ALL of my trust in the Lord to get her healthy. I was led to these verses to help me with my trust:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me". ~John 14:1-3

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". ~Proverbs 3:5-6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God". ~Philippians 4:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment