Monday, April 15, 2013

M's First Easter

I know I'm super late on this post, but better late than never, right?  To celebrate Easter this year, we went to our church's Saturday evening service.  Mike's parents met at our house in order to ride with us to church.  They got to see Matthew's nursery and where we worship each Sunday.  It was an amazing service full of music, praise, rejoicing, and God's word.  As we worshipped, I had tears in my eyes as I rejoiced that the Lord indeed has risen.  I can't wait until Matthew is old enough for him to truly understand the importance of Easter.

After the Easter service, we met up with my brother & sister-in-law and my niece, Alli to eat at Santo Coyote in Little Rock.  Matthew slept pretty much the entire time.  We then went back to our house and just hung out for a while.  It was nice since we don't get to see Mike's family very often.

On Easter Sunday, Mike and I gave Matthew his Easter basket full of books, bubbles, bath toys, and socks.  We then met up with my family at my Aunt Shirley's house for lunch.  Matthew, of course, was the center of attention as he rolled around on the floor.  They were amazed at how much he had grown & developed.  Matthew also opened his Easter gifts from his Emie & Pop, his Aunt Lauren, and his great grandparents and great aunt Carol.  This included clothes, toys, and the Easter Eggs full of materials that tell the Easter story.

Below are pictures from Saturday night.  Matthew was wearing Mike's first Easter outfit (so special) and he is a bit bigger than his daddy was.  Needless to say, he was not a happy camper the longer he wore the outfit.  This is evident by the pictures below.

My sweet family before church - can you tell his outfit is a little snug?

 See, not a happy camper :-(

Not even his paci would help

No comments:

Post a Comment