Saturday, December 8, 2012

0-3 Month Faves

These first 3 months have been a whirlwind.  I absolutely love getting to know Matthew and his precious little personality.  While I was pregnant and trying to figure out what we needed this little guy, I loved looking at what other friends registered for.  I also followed two blogs that would post (and still do) monthly faves.  This helped me tremendously as I prepared for Matthew.  Those blogs can be found here and here.  While every baby is different and likes different things, I want to use this blog to help me remember Matthew's favorite things as he grows up.  Also, to help me remember what baby items were helpful at each stage.  Hopefully, it will help others who are trying to figure out what they need/want for their little one.

1.  Phillips Avent BPA Free Soothie Pacifier - this has been a lifesaver!  For those mommas who are planning to nurse, they will tell you not to use a pacifier for the first 3 weeks.  Well, we didn't even make it a week before using a pacifier.  When Matthew is upset and we put the paci in his mouth, he immediately calms down.  This kind is wonderful, especially for a newborn, because it allows for oral stimulation.  Next time, I will remember to order the clip from Amazon that goes with the soothie.  

2.   Boppy Upholstered Newborn Lounger - by far my absolute fave!  Not only is this convenient for naps, but also for when we travel to other houses.  It's light enough to carry with us and use while visiting friends and family.  Plus, Matthew loves it!  I would love an adult version myself :-)



3.  Fisher-Price Cradle Swing - My Little Snug-a-Bunny - while this does take up space in our living room, it has been very handy.  We use it for nap time, play time, and a place to put Matthew if we are getting ready and can't hold him.  He loves looking at the mirror above him and watching the birds fly over his head. 
4.   Boppy Pad Liners - What a great way to eliminate changing pad cover washing!  These come in packs of 3 and are machine washable.  We just put one down on his changing pad to protect the cover and change them when needed. 

5.  Zippered Sleepers - These are not only cute, but so much easier to use when you're changing a diaper in the middle of the night.  I can't tell you how many times I've had to re-button his sleepers because I was sleep deprived, it was too dark, or there were too many to figure out how they snapped.

6.  Halo Sleepsack - We started by just swaddling Matthew in blankets, but as he got bigger and could get his arms out, we moved on to the sleepsack.  These little beauties have helped him continue to sleep through the night and help him stay warm.  It also helps that they are extremely easy to use.  We tried the Miracle Blanket, but it was too much like a straight jacket and not easy to deal with in the middle of the night.


7.  Bright Starts Safari Activity Gym - Matthew loves the music and lights.  The older he gets, the more he loves to play with the hanging rattles and move all around the mat.  This is also where he learned how to rollover.  This gym can entertain baby boy for a long time :-)
I could easily listed several more things including toys, rattles, diaper bag, and a mirror for the car, but I feel I've rambled enough.  Only 2 more weeks until Christmas break!  I'm praying these 2 weeks go quickly, and Christmas break goes as slow as possible.  I'm not looking forward to having to send Matthew back to daycare in January.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I made it out of the hospital before sticking a pacifier in our son's mouth. I never regretted it (nor did it ever interfere with nursing). Love your list of products. It is fun to see what is "new" out there! I also agree about the next 2 weeks going quickly, the break going slow...

    ReplyDelete