Sunday, December 20, 2009

Infection...ugh!


So, I've been looking forward to 2 weeks off for Christmas Break. Little did I know, I would get one extra day off due to a sinus and throat infection! For the past 2 weeks, I've had really bad allergy congestion, or so I thought. My throat started hurting Thursday night, and Friday I woke up with a fever of 102! Needless to say, I had to miss the last day of school before break. I was pretty upset because the teachers had planned to perform a Christmas readers theater for the school, and the class Christmas party was that afternoon. I wanted to be there so bad! I couldn't give my students their Christmas gift from me, and I couldn't celebrate with them. On a good note, my good friend/coworker Sharon Poole, brought all of the goodies that my students got me for Christmas to me after school...so sweet of her. I got sweet Get Well Soon cards from my class, as well as, some really sweet gifts. I got our awesome Razorback painting from the whole class that we helped create with our hands. I can't wait to put it in my classroom!!!

So, while my Christmas break hasn't started the way I wanted it to, I am feeling much better and will hopefully get to enjoy the rest of my break :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you aren't feeling good Lindz! But the good news is that your bestie will be home in a week! whohoo! I;m thinking that a little TCBWI will help you feel much much better. What do you think? Then, its Time to play! I am excited..by the way, i called you back the other day! Well, i suppose i can forgive you since you were sickly! I also think you should post pics of our B-E-A-UTIFUL gingerbread house! haha Love ya!

    ReplyDelete